OVERVIEW OF SERVICES
• Executive Search
• Consulting Services
• Our Clients
• Executive Registry
• Career Development
• Compensation Negotiations
© Copyright P. Jason King
Associates, Inc. 07/03
CURRENT SEARCH JOB LISTING
||Director of Operations
$85,000 HKD possibly higher
||No (Local Candidates Only)
Vice President Asia
Strong Bonus Paid + Excell Beneifits
Initial Interviews will be conducted in English via SKYPE. Once selected for next round, Interviews will be conducted in local language.
|THIS IS AN EXCLUSIVE LISTING
A diverse International Tour Company with offices located around the world. Company provides both Inbound, Outbound, and DMC Services in more than 5 continents. This position is dedicated to 100% Outbound Travel Business.
- Insuring the overall efficiency and profitability of the sales and operation departments according to defined strategies and guidelines.
- Will supervise 10+ operation teams and coach all 7-8 managers in offices within Asia by establishing business goals and targets with them.
- Direct and monitor all day-to-day sales & operational activities to ensure that defined turnover & profit goals are met
- Establish and enforce guidelines & policies pertaining to all sales & operations functions (tour handling, quotation, hotel cancellation conditions, deposit requirements, invoicing, payment collection etc.)
- Liaise and communicate with offices in Europe to ensure delivery of high quality tour product that fulfills the needs of our clients (travel agencies, special interest groups, ethnic groups, event organizers & other corporate customers)
- Develop new products to meet changing market requirements based on market trends.
- Liaise with support units in Europe operations & procurement teams in order to achieve defined budgetary & quality goals.
- As a member of the Management Team, contribute to short & long-term organization planning including sales strategies and initiatives geared toward operational excellence.
- Any nationality, preference Chinese, speak Cantonese & English
- Degree in business management or tourism related discipline
- At least 10 years’ experience in the tourism industry, preferably with exposure in tour operator sector.
- Proven international exposure, with good knowledge of the tourist attractions in Europe.
- Analytical thinking with a flair for figures and details
- Good leadership, interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Must be computer literate with Microsoft Office experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English, other language skill an added advantage
Report to Vice President of Asia
- Strategically minded with the ability to bring new business concepts to life.
- Strong interpersonal skills, executive presence and relate well with all levels of employees as well as external clients/vendors/and important business contacts.
- Participative management style-advocates team concept.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive with ability to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities.
- Results and profit-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.
The preferred candidate will hold a BA or a BS in Business from a four year College or University. Company will accept non degreed candidates as long as their travel industry background exceeds minimum requirements.
The preferred candidate possesses the following competencies:
- Integrity and work commitment (trust, confidentiality, fair process, positive attitude, honesty)
- Able to influence other (gain support, influences commitment to business/customer, vendors/suppliers and all staff members)
- Oral communication (face to face, telephone, giving/getting information, listening)
- Self reliance (works independently, gets things done, takes responsibilities)
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible (adjusts to multiple demands, work area/organization needs/change)
- Results orientation (quality, quantity, efficiency, performance, high expectations)
- Thinks strategically (future oriented, adjust to trends, thinks in strategic terms)
- Establishes and tracks projects and plans against goals and budget (sets and monitors budget, forecast resources, establishes measurements, controls costs)
- PC skills (windows, off-the-shelf software as related to business)
- Must possess a corporate wardrobe
- Effective communication (oral, written, behaviors, actions, and inspires confidence)
- Personal organization (time management, prioritization, neat, orderly focused, plans)
performing this job, it will require:
- Eight (8) hours or more a day of sitting; walking; standing; bending; answering the telephone; entering data into the computer; retrieving data from the computer or analyzing data from reports.
This position may require overnight travel up to 20% (including travel by car and by airplane).
FOR THIS POSITION
If you have filled out an Application (Form B) with Yours In Travel
Group (within this year) please DO NOT fill out an
Application on this site (Executive Registry).
Yours In Travel Group is owned by P. Jason King Associates, Inc. and
we utilize the same proprietary database. Thank you.