Company has been in the Tour Operation business for over 25 years and provides International Destinations throughout the world.
Our North-America Business Development Management (BDMs) group is responsible for developing the success of diversified products of our Tour business to mid-level to large travel agencies and TMC’s in their designated region.
The BDM will interact with all levels within the customer organization (COO, CEO and operational and product management staff) for solution proposal presentation but also with multiple level internally, product management, development, sales support, account management, finance and senior management.
The BDM is accountable for the delivery of the Company’s strategy and Global solutions for the Business Travel segment.
REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- He or she needs to have the right level of expertise to drive difficult internal discussions where compromise need to be reached between customer/sales expectations and internal constraints.
- Responsible for growing the sales pipeline and signing new clients. Build and manage the pipeline for his/her sector of the sector in accordance with goals of the company.
- Penetrate the market ensuring the Global Brand reputation is enhanced with every new interaction and by delivering strategy for the target customer segment in North America.
- Effectively probe customers to clearly understand their strategy, pain points and existing requirements.
- Collaborate closely with Pre-sales Consulting, Marketing and Product Management to stay keenly aware of pending innovations and product knowledge. Work closely with Finance on business models in preparing financial proposals.
- Support the Bid Process for the identified sales initiatives, with the participation of the organization.
- Coordinate with other departments such as IT, Consulting, Product Management and Marketing to secure alignment and support (both locally and centrally).
- Secure handover to delivery of all contracted engagements and oversee a smooth transition of new customer to account management soon after successful implementation. Recognize, Organize, support and participate in Business Consulting engagements as required.
- Contribute to the development of our value proposition through effective probing and understanding of the customers’ business model and competitive landscape.
- Share intel on prospect requirements and competitive intel gathered with Travel Technology Consulting and Product Management.
- Represent solutions at trade shows and customer events
- Flexibility to Travel to customers within the United States, up to 50%
- Responsible for coordinating schedules for colleagues required to support sales efforts.
- Strong external sales skills with executive presence, with a minimum of five to seven years customer-facing outside sales experience required. MUST have worked for a Travelk Industry Supplier, preferably a tour operator or wholesaler.
- Previous experience presenting formal presentations. Recent experience working under a sales quota incentive plan. Extensive cold calling and pipeline management experience is required.
- Must have the ability to build a value proposition through effective probing and understanding of the customers’ business model, in addition to strong presentation / negotiation skills and the ability to build rapport and credibility.
- Must possess the ability to build and leverage relationships with internal colleagues and support personnel.
- Business understanding Excellent financial acumen, strong quantitative and analytical skills and the ability to prepare break-even analysis required in order to leverage value proposition / support proposals both internally and externally.
Undergraduate degree required, preferable with relevant focus area; Business/Finance/Management, International relations, IT, Travel/Tourism, etc. Company may be flexible to accept non-college grads if they possess all other criteria.
The preferred candidate possesses the following competencies:
- Integrity and work commitment (trust, confidentiality, fair process, positive attitude, honesty)
- Able to influence others (gain support, influences commitment to business/customer, vendors/suppliers and all staff members)
- Oral communication (face to face, telephone, giving/getting information, listening)
- Self reliance (works independently, gets things done, takes responsibilities)
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible (adjusts to multiple demands, work area/organization needs/change)
- Results orientation (quality, quantity, efficiency, performance, high expectations)
- Thinks strategically (future oriented, adjust to trends, thinks in strategic terms)
- Establishes and tracks projects and plans against goals and budget (sets and monitors budget, forecast resources, establishes measurements, controls costs)
- PC skills (windows, off-the-shelf software as related to business)
- Must possess a corporate wardrobe
- Effective communication (oral, written, behaviors, actions, and inspires confidence)
- Personal organization (time management, prioritization, neat, orderly focused, plans)
- Speak, read and write English
While performing this job, it will require:
- Eight (8) hours or more a day of sitting; walking; standing; bending; answering the telephone; entering data into the computer; retrieving data from the computer or analyzing data from reports.
- This position may require overnight travel (including travel by car and by airplane).
If you have filled out an Application (Form B) with Yours In Travel Group (within this year) please DO NOT fill out an Application on this site (Executive Registry). Yours In Travel Group is owned by P. Jason King Associates, Inc. and we utilize the same proprietary database.
All Candidates MUST fill out Executive Registry www.pjasonkingassociates.com prior to conversations with our management team.