Re-develop current HR Department functions. Create new standardized forms including “Offer of Employment”, “Non-Competes”, “NDA”, work with outside consultant in developing new “Employee Handbook”. Develop hiring procedures. Handle complaints. Schedule employee vacations and personal days. Advertise and recruit employees as needed. Communicate with all departments. Research and negotiate with Insurance and medical companies to provide better employee coverage. Coordinate 401K plan.
Establish and direct a full-service Human Resources department for Tour Operation. Restructure company benefit program to increase coverage network, and reduce costs. Design and implemented successful training programs to improve staff management skills, sales effectiveness, and consumer relations. To research and rewrite current employee handbook and overall benefits package.
Must have 10 plus current years performing HR function in management. Travel Industry experience is a huge plus especially if with a Tour Operator.
This position reports to the President
- Strong interpersonal skills, executive presence and relate well with all levels of employees as well as external clients/vendors/and important business contacts.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive with ability to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities.
- Results and profit-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.
The preferred candidate will hold a BA or a BS in Business from a four year College or University, preferably in or related to Human Resources.
The preferred candidate possesses the following competencies:
- Integrity and work commitment (trust, confidentiality, fair process, positive attitude, honesty)
- Able to influence other (gain support, influences commitment to business/customer, vendors/suppliers and all staff members)
- Oral communication (face to face, telephone, giving/getting information, listening)
- Self reliance (works independently, gets things done, takes responsibilities)
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible (adjusts to multiple demands, work area/organization needs/change)
- Results orientation (quality, quantity, efficiency, performance, high expectations)
- Thinks strategically (future oriented, adjust to trends, thinks in strategic terms)
- Establishes and tracks projects and plans against goals and budget (sets and monitors budget, forecast resources, establishes measurements, controls costs)
- PC skills (windows, off-the-shelf software as related to business)
- Must possess a corporate wardrobe
- Effective communication (oral, written, behaviors, actions, and inspires confidence)
- Personal organization (time management, prioritization, neat, orderly focused, plans)
While performing this job, it will require:
- Eight (8) hours or more a day of sitting; walking; standing; bending; answering the telephone; entering data into the computer; retrieving data from the computer or analyzing data from reports.
This position may require overnight travel up to 20% (including travel by car and by airplane).
If you have filled out an Application (Form B) with Yours In Travel Group (within this year) please DO NOT fill out an Application on this site (Executive Registry). Yours In Travel Group is owned by P. Jason King Associates, Inc. and we utilize the same proprietary database.
All Candidates MUST fill out Executive Registry www.pjasonkingassociates.com prior to conversations with our management team.