OVERVIEW OF SERVICES
• Executive Search
• Consulting Services
• Our Clients
• Executive Registry
• Career Development
• Compensation Negotiations
© Copyright P. Jason King
Associates, Inc. 07/03
CURRENT SEARCH JOB LISTING
||Senior Product Manager (Title May change Upward)
$175,000 - $200,000+
||No IT Mgrs or Web Designers accepted.
|THIS IS AN EXCLUSIVE LISTING
International Tour Operator with Worldwide Offices is in process of launching a Consumer eCommerce site
- Overall Consumer Website ownership (Information Architecture and Business Analysis)
- Drive strategy and development for web product (website); define website features and functionality based on the business goals and strategy
- Coordinate between marketing, IT, travel product and senior management to manage website priorities, design workflow and development
- Develop and present product plans and proposals to senior management and co-op marketing partners
- Responsible for consumer website performance including online metrics and financial results
- Work closely with the website marketing, supply/inventory, user experience and IT teams to recommend web priorities and next steps
- Evaluate existing consumer websites and advise on strategic and tactical direction for next generation website deployment.
- Establish and maintain continually evolving product road maps
- Analyze consumer segments, identify product needs and opportunities and match website functionality and features with consumer purchase patterns
- Lead design teams to optimize consumer usability with functions to achieve customer acquisition and retention
- Manage communication and project manage across the organization to bridge gaps between executive, technical, marketing and creative resources to ensure proper alignment
- Perform buy vs. build analyses as required
- Identify opportunities and weaknesses to establish and validate upcoming phases and new features.
IDEAL CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 5+ years in product management with a consumer travel e-commerce website with a track record of building + launching consumer-focused Internet product
- Solid, specific experience in successfully developing and managing consumer travel transaction websites
- Strong understanding of internet/e-commerce technologies and practical uses
- Understanding of all aspects of travel industry, including fundamental business models for airlines, hotels, tour activities and how to add value to those suppliers and partners
- Possess a blend of business, marketing and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality
- Superior project management skills used at all points during the each product lifecycle
The preferred candidate will hold a BA or BS Degree from a four year College or University located in the USA. Preferences include MBA Holders. Non-College Graduates may qualify as long as their experience falls into exact requirements of the company.
The preferred candidate possesses the following competencies:
- Integrity and work commitment (trust, confidentiality, fair process, positive attitude, honesty)
- Able to influence other (gain support, influences commitment to business/customer, vendors/suppliers and all staff members)
- Oral communication (face to face, telephone, giving/getting information, listening)
- Self reliance (works independently, gets things done, takes responsibilities)
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible (adjusts to multiple demands, work area/organization needs/change)
- Results orientation (quality, quantity, efficiency, performance, high expectations)
- Thinks strategically (future oriented, adjust to trends, thinks in strategic terms)
- Establishes and tracks projects and plans against goals and budget (sets and monitors budget, forecast resources, establishes measurements, controls costs)
- PC skills (windows, off-the-shelf software as related to business)
- Must possess a corporate wardrobe
- Effective communication (oral, written, behaviors, actions, and inspires confidence)
- Personal organization (time management, prioritization, neat, orderly focused, plans)
While performing this job, it will require:
- Eight (8) hours or more a day of sitting; walking; standing; bending; answering the telephone; entering data into the computer; retrieving data from the computer or analyzing data from reports.
- This position may require overnight travel up to 25% (including travel by car and by airplane).
- Must have a valid driver's license and willingness to fly on commercial airplanes and private corporate aircraft.
FOR THIS POSITION
If you have filled out an Application (Form B) with Yours In Travel
Group (within this year) please DO NOT fill out an
Application on this site (Executive Registry).
Yours In Travel Group is owned by P. Jason King Associates, Inc. and
we utilize the same proprietary database. Thank you.