International Tour Operator seeking a Vice President of Sales with strong Leisure travel agencies contacts and relationships. The position will manage the company's relationship with key consortia and major agency chains to develop all sales opportunities within the parameters of plans and budgets. Particular emphasis will be placed on National Accounts.
- Manage all aspects of the company's relationship with national and top accounts including building annual sales and marketing plans and budgets for each account.
- Negotiate annual account goals and objectives based on contractual obligation and account performance.
- Manage all aspects of the company's annual brochure distribution plans and budgets.
- Create a presence in the marketplace by attending national events, presentations, panel discussions and other public presentation opportunities.
- Monitor and ensure customer satisfaction levels and resolve any and all customer service issues resulting from reservations, operations, and post travel service issues.
College degree and 10+ years of experience in key account sales in the travel industry. Experience in large multi-brand account management. Excellent negotiator of budgets, sales and marketing plans, and compensation programs. Results oriented self-starter with ability to work in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment. Proven sales track record.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President - Sales
- Strategically minded with the ability to bring new business concepts to life.
- Strong interpersonal skills, executive presence and relate well with all levels of employees as well as external clients/vendors/and important business contacts.
- Participative management style-advocates team concept.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive with ability to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities.
- Results and profit-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.
The preferred candidate will hold a BA or a BS in Business from a four year College or University. Company will accept non-degreed candidates as long as their travel industry background exceeds minimum requirements.
The preferred candidate possesses the following competencies:
- Integrity and work commitment (trust, confidentiality, fair process, positive attitude, honesty)
- Able to influence other (gain support, influences commitment to business/customer, vendors/suppliers and all staff members)
- Oral communication (face to face, telephone, giving/getting information, listening)
- Self reliance (works independently, gets things done, takes responsibilities)
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible (adjusts to multiple demands, work area/organization needs/change)
- Results orientation (quality, quantity, efficiency, performance, high expectations)
- Thinks strategically (future oriented, adjust to trends, thinks in strategic terms)
- Establishes and tracks projects and plans against goals and budget (sets and monitors budget, forecast resources, establishes measurements, controls costs)
- PC skills (windows, off-the-shelf software as related to business)
- Must possess a corporate wardrobe
- Effective communication (oral, written, behaviors, actions, and inspires confidence)
- Personal organization (time management, prioritization, neat, orderly focused, plans)
While performing this job, it will require:
- Eight (8) hours or more a day of sitting; walking; standing; bending; answering the telephone; entering data into the computer; retrieving data from the computer or analyzing data from reports.
This position may require overnight travel up to 20% (including travel by car and by airplane).
If you have filled out an Application (Form B) with Yours In Travel Group (within this year) please DO NOT fill out an Application on this site (Executive Registry). Yours In Travel Group is owned by P. Jason King Associates, Inc. and we utilize the same proprietary database.
All Candidates MUST fill out Executive Registry www.pjasonkingassociates.com prior to conversations with our management team.