International Tour Operator seeking a Director or Vice President of Sales with strong and proven track record in Direct Group Sales. Responsibilities will include expanding company business in the following market niches: Direct consumer groups, Affinity groups, Alumni Associations, Universities and Colleges, Churches for Religious Travel, Private sector for MICE, any group travel program producer except Travel Agent community and Travel Consortia. Also will be required to direct current group sales force and hire new outside sales people with proven track records for other USA locations.
- New business/market development
- Personal portfolio of clients will be a plus (not requirement)
- Meets specific quarterly and annual sales goals. (to be discussed)
- International travel required when required.
- Works to ensure sales and productivity goals are met.
- Presents information regarding customers and sales at company meetings.
- Devises new and innovative ways to market products and services.
- Assists in designing marketing and promotional materials both in print and online.
- Conducts independent research into target consumer base.
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge of the company's products and services.
- Possesses knowledge of competitive products and markets.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrates ability to think creatively.
- Exhibits awareness of best sales practices and methods.
- Works well with a team.
- Market analysis for new product development
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Possesses strong persuasive abilities.
- Demonstrates solid motivational and leadership skills.
- Maintains a professional but confident and outgoing demeanor.
- Is capable of conducting independent research.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Pref not mandatory)
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Marketing, or Business with a Master's Degrees in Finance, Business, or Business Administration a plus but not required. Minimum 15 years' experience in travel related business Foreign languages – A plus, not mandatory
This position reports to the CEO.
- Strategically minded with the ability to bring new business concepts to life.
- Strong interpersonal skills, executive presence and relate well with all levels of employees as well as external clients/vendors/and important business contacts.
- Participative management style-advocates team concept.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive with ability to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities.
- Results and profit-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.
The preferred candidate possesses the following competencies:
- Integrity and work commitment (trust, confidentiality, fair process, positive attitude, honesty)
- Able to influence other (gain support, influences commitment to business/customer, vendors/suppliers and all staff members)
- Oral communication (face to face, telephone, giving/getting information, listening)
- Self reliance (works independently, gets things done, takes responsibilities)
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible (adjusts to multiple demands, work area/organization needs/change)
- Results orientation (quality, quantity, efficiency, performance, high expectations)
- Thinks strategically (future oriented, adjust to trends, thinks in strategic terms)
- Establishes and tracks projects and plans against goals and budget (sets and monitors budget, forecast resources, establishes measurements, controls costs)
- PC skills (windows, off-the-shelf software as related to business)
- Must possess a corporate wardrobe
- Effective communication (oral, written, behaviors, actions, and inspires confidence)
- Personal organization (time management, prioritization, neat, orderly focused, plans)
While performing this job, it will require:
- Eight (8) hours or more a day of sitting; walking; standing; bending; answering the telephone; entering data into the computer; retrieving data from the computer or analyzing data from reports.
- This position may require overnight travel up to 40% (including travel by car and by airplane).
- Must have a valid driver's license and willingness to fly on commercial airplanes and private corporate aircraft.
If you have filled out an Application (Form B) with Yours In Travel Group (within this year) please DO NOT fill out an Application on this site (Executive Registry). Yours In Travel Group is owned by P. Jason King Associates, Inc. and we utilize the same proprietary database.
All Candidates MUST fill out Executive Registry www.pjasonkingassociates.com prior to conversations with our management team.