Company has been in business for over 14 years and in this time has become the world’s #1 company specialized in independent travel to a specific Caribbean Island, although other destinations as well may be applicable. Company sells directly to the public, via their network of websites, and through thousands of retail travel agencies worldwide. Company is an Inbound Travel Company, however operates a full service Tour Operation, as well.
Main product offerings in the US are premium individual tours which are sold ‘offline’. In addition, they operate a network of websites offering the largest selection of instantly online bookable products, such as hotels, car rental and flights.
REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Candidate to head up US sales/operations. Office is currently a small operation with less than five people handling the phones, including inquiries from clients based in US. As a hands-on Manager, you will be responsible for the supervision of the sales team, to ensure they get the most out of each customer interaction. You will inspire your personnel to project the correct image with "tone of voice". You will maximize sales by making sure that you and your colleagues offer all the products available and using up-selling techniques. Goal is for you and your team to achieve record- breaking conversion levels and to reach ambitious sales targets.
Reporting directly to the Chief Commercial Officer based overseas, it will be your responsibility to ensure that the US Sales team works on the basis of standards and information as set by the head office. You will generate weekly sales reports and provide insights in US market, about customers (both B2C and B2B), events, marketing and promotional opportunities, and more… this will also include the co- ordination of our presence at travel shows across the US. Answering phone calls, emails and handle live chat inquiries for travel reservations and/or information. Using an in-house booking system and CRM system. Need to make sure that all the travel logistics are taken care of so clients can simply enjoy their vacation. You will be in constant contact with your colleagues at their offices in the Caribbean and may also deal with local suppliers directly.
Candidate must possess management experience of a minimum of 10+ years in a wholesale, tour operation (inbound preferred), or DMC. Knowledge about Caribbean Islands a plus.
- Bilingual English & Spanish a plus.
- Must be an American Citizen, preferably born in the US.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally. Must have a valid passport and drivers’ license. Must have a corporate wardrobe for Trade Shows and Sales Calls.
- College Degree is preferred.
- Must be ambitious, driven, fun to be around.
- Not have a 9 to 5 mentality.
- Creative, excellence communication skills, with ability to write well.
Prefer Business Degree. MBA a plus. Others may qualify based on specifications of job description above.
The preferred candidate possesses the following competencies:
- Integrity and work commitment (trust, confidentiality, fair process, positive attitude, honesty)
- Able to influence others (gain support, influences commitment to business/customer, vendors/suppliers and all staff members)
- Oral communication (face to face, telephone, giving/getting information, listening)
- Self reliance (works independently, gets things done, takes responsibilities)
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible (adjusts to multiple demands, work area/organization needs/change)
- Results orientation (quality, quantity, efficiency, performance, high expectations)
- Thinks strategically (future oriented, adjust to trends, thinks in strategic terms)
- Establishes and tracks projects and plans against goals and budget (sets and monitors budget, forecast resources, establishes measurements, controls costs)
- PC skills (windows, off-the-shelf software as related to business)
- Must possess a corporate wardrobe
- Effective communication (oral, written, behaviors, actions, and inspires confidence)
- Personal organization (time management, prioritization, neat, orderly focused, plans)
While performing this job, it will require:
- Eight (8) hours or more a day of sitting; walking; standing; bending; answering the telephone; entering data into the computer; retrieving data from the computer or analyzing data from reports.
- This position may require overnight travel (including travel by car and by airplane).
If you have filled out an Application (Form B) with Yours In Travel Group (within this year) please DO NOT fill out an Application on this site (Executive Registry). Yours In Travel Group is owned by P. Jason King Associates, Inc. and we utilize the same proprietary database.
All Candidates MUST fill out Executive Registry www.pjasonkingassociates.com prior to conversations with our management team.